The secret to achieving your goals this year is making sure that you’ve set clear, specific and meaningful goals and that you have a plan to reach them! Then break them down into small and achievable goals!
Here are some suggestions for setting and achieving your 2016 goals:
- Make one change at a time. Setting too many goals makes it hard to stick with all of them.
- Take a few days to decide what it is that you really want to achieve and more importantly WHY you want to achieve that specific goal. Knowing your motivation behind the goal will help to keep you on track.
- Break your goal into small achievable steps that are measureable and have a deadline.
- Email your goals and plan of achievable steps to yourself at FutureMe.org. You can decide when you want them to appear in your inbox to remind you and keep you on track.
- Reward yourself each time you reach one of your small goals.This will help you to stay on track to reach the big goal.
- Recruit support and accountability! Find a friend or family member that will check in with you to see how you are doing as you work toward your goals. Accountability makes a big difference. I’d be happy for you to email them to me so that I can check in with you, if you are needing added accountability.
- Track your progress. Grab a notebook or journal and keep track of the progress you are making. Those who track their goals are much more likely to achieve them.
- Don’t give up when you get off track! Just refocus on your goal, why you set that goal, and jump back in.