This has become one of my favorite meals lately. I usually double it to freeze a meal for another night. They aren’t terribly hard to make, they freeze really well and are delicious.
8-10 Lasagna Noodles (I have used regular, whole wheat and rice noodles. Just be sure to cook them until soft enough to roll up, but don’t over cook them or they will fall apart.)
3 cups of Light Ricotta Cheese
4 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce
4 cups of spinach
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese
Optional: Add turkey or turkey sausage for some additional protein. (Turkey is not factored into the 21 Day Fix container count.)
- Boil your Lasagna Noodles until soft. It usually takes mine about 8-10 minutes. Don’t overcook or they will fall apart.
- Prepare the filling while the noodles are boiling. Mix the spinach, ricotta cheese, mozzarella in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 pan (or two smaller pans if you plan to freeze half) with oil.
- Once the noodles are soft, pull them out and lay them flat on foil. Spread the mixture out covering the noodles. Roll them up.
- Place them in the dish(es) and pour spaghetti sauce over the top.
- If freezing, cover and place in the freezer.
- Cover the dish in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
21 Day Fix portions: 1 Serving = 1 yellow, 1 red, 2 green, and 1 blue