I LOVE Trader Joe’s.
For years, I would go to Trader Joe’s each time we took a trip to Dallas and load up on my favorite pantry staples. I always looked forward to roaming the aisles and browsing for new products I hadn’t discovered before. And then something wonderful happened . . . they opened one in my city. . . only 3 miles from my home.
I’m still discovering new products each week that I shop, and so while my top ten may continue to change, I’m going to share some of the things that we LOVE! Now, I feel the need to mention that these aren’t the healthiest 10 items I buy at TJ’s, but they are favorites and some of them serve as treats.
So here we go in no particular order . . .
- Cruciferous Crunch Collection – This bag of greatness is my quick and easy lunch most days. I add my favorite dressing and shredded rotisserie chicken and lunch is ready in seconds.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil – In case you didn’t know, there are hundreds of purposes for coconut oil. My personal favorite way to use it is to EAT IT! I cook with it, toss it with steamed veggies, and smear it on toast. This coconut oil is a great price and really good.
- 21 Seasoning Salute – I am not a cook, I’m not one of those people who can just throw a meal together without a recipe, and I never know what seasonings to use. This seasoning is my go to now for everything! I sprinkle it on veggies before I roast them or on steamed veggies. It’s a great one to have on hand because it goes with most dishes. It’s got all of the basics like onion, black pepper, celery seed, cayenne papper, parsely, basil, oregano, thyme, garlic, and the list continues.
- Pizza Sauce – My number one go to for quick meals lately has been homemade pizzas. We love pizza, so this gives us a healthier version and also allows us to make them to fit individual tastes. I keep this sauce on hand and keep flatbreads in the freezer (see #5) so that I can throw most anything we have in the refridgerator or pantry on the top and bing, bang, boom . . . we have dinner!
- Garlic Naan – While I will admit that these are pretty garlicy, they have been our go to’s for pizza crust lately. I keep a bag of these in the freezer and when I’m ready to use them, I throw them on a pan in the oven cooking a few minutes on each side to defrost and heat before topping them with sauce and goodies.
- Organic Vegetable Radiatore Pasta – My kids love this pasta! It’s colorful, tasty, and makes a great meal topped with some parmesan and paired with chicken and veggies.
- Coconut Oil Spray and Olive Oil Spray – I always have these on hand. They have replaced the Pam that I used to spray on everything. I just quickly think which flavor would pair best with what I’m cooking and go for it.
- Uncured Bacon Jam – There is a restaurant in town called Smoke, that has this bacon and goat cheese bruschetta that Jay and I LOVE! I was so excited when I happened upon this little treasure in Trader Joe’s because it tastes VERY similar to the fancy appetizer that we enjoy so much. I usually spread some goat cheese on a cracker or flat bread and top with a little bacon jam. My problem with this one is limiting it to an appropriate portion and I’ll warn you that they don’t always have this product.
- Quest Bars – While it’s not a Trader Joe’s product. I sure do love the Trader Joe’s price compared to what I was paying for them at my regular grocery store. My personal favorite Quest bar is the S’mores. These are great to have tucked into a purse or bag to keep me from making a bad choice during a busy day, but they are best placed on a plate and heated in the microwave for about 20 seconds (or even better cooked in the oven for a very short time).
- Kale Chips – These are definitely not chips but they are great for snacking when I want something to eat and want some good flavor. I’ve tried making my own kale chips but they didn’t come close to this deliciousness.
And as I’m finishing this list I’m thinking of all of the other products that I forgot to include . . . goat cheese, nitrate free meats, raw nuts, nut butters, and the list goes on. I’d love to hear in the comments below.
What did I not include that you LOVE at Trader Joe’s? I’m always looking for new favorites.